from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The centimeter-gram-second electromagnetic unit of magnetomotive force, equal to 10/4 π ampere-turn.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The cgs unit of magnetomotive force equal to 0.7958 ampere-turns
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A proposed unit of magnetomotive force having the value ampere-turn.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. English court physician noted for his studies of terrestrial magnetism (1540-1603)
- n. English navigator who in 1583 established in Newfoundland the first English colony in North America (1539-1583)
- n. a librettist who was a collaborator with Sir Arthur Sullivan in a famous series of comic operettas (1836-1911)
- n. a unit of magnetomotive force equal to 0.7958 ampere-turns
- n. United States architect who influenced the development of the skyscraper (1859-1934)
After William Gilbert.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)