from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Used other than as an idiom: see go, for.
- v. To try for, to attempt to reach.
- v. To undertake (an action).
- v. To attack.
- v. To develop a strong interest in, especially in a sudden manner; to be infatuated with.
- v. To favor, accept.
- v. this sense?) (transitive) To apply equally to.
- v. this sense?) (transitive) To go somewhere in order to do or to experience.
- v. this sense?) (transitive) To cost (a stated price).
- v. this sense?) (transitive) To endure, sustain, or spend (time).
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. intend with some possibility of fulfilment
- v. have a fancy or particular liking or desire for
- v. make an attempt at achieving something
- v. be pertinent or relevant or applicable
- v. give an affirmative reply to; respond favorably to
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.