from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Exactly noon.
- n. The highest or most advanced stage or period: the high noon of her creativity.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Exactly noon; midday; the middle of the day.
- n. The zenith or apex of one's life or of a certain activity or plot.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. the time when the sun is in the meridian.
- n. the exact meridian; midday.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the middle of the day
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.