from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Midday; noon.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The time of noon; the time of day when the sun is highest in the sky, especially on a hot day.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Midday; twelve o'clock in the day; noon.
- adj. Of or pertaining to midday; meridional.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Midday; twelve o'clock in the day.
- Pertaining to midday; meridional: as, the noonday heat.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the middle of the day
Sorry, no etymologies found.