from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- pro. Used as the direct object of a verb: They saw him at the meeting.
- pro. Used as the indirect object of a verb: They offered him a ride.
- pro. Used as the object of a preposition: This telephone call is for him.
- pro. Informal Used as a predicate nominative: It's him. See Usage Note at I1.
- pro. Nonstandard Used reflexively as the indirect object of a verb: He bought him some new clothes. See Note at me.
- n. A male: The dog is a him.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- pro. A masculine pronoun; he as a grammatical object.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- pro. Them. See hem.
- pro. The objective case of he. See he.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- See he.
She stood on the sidewalk and looked at him through the window, not smiling, not frowning, more like _studying _him, for what seemed like the longest moment of his life.
The collective culture of Capitalism created Madoff, celebrated people like him in pop-culture, - created millions * just like him* and/or aspired to BE him and now the MSM is running out of bad-apples to distract us with so that Americans don't see the slimy, rotted trunk of the Free Market tree that's falling in the yard.
Diary Entry by Alan MacDonald (about the author) yahooBuzzArticleHeadline = 'Let\'s use the Health Care bill as an Obama "teaching moment"'; yahooBuzzArticleSummary = 'Let\'s use the Health Care bill as an Obama \'teaching moment\' --- not him \'teaching us\ 'but us \'teaching him\'! '
If I were her I would broke up with him and tell the police on him~
Brad Linaweaver…a very interesting writer and person..him I would love to catch him at an airport with an hour or so to spare….
He gave me his number im scared to ring him though even though he was so fucken great in bed fuck its his home number so im even more scared to ring him
The evidence against him was very simple: the victim vividly remembered _him_ as her attacker and could easily have picked him out of a lineup.
She wanted to see him, touch him belong to him again the way she had last night.
So I do my usually scolding and yell at him for not going to the doctors, and I tell him that when he gets off work I was going to take him
The would-be killer had lost sight of him in the darkness, Noah reali~, ed, as the man's footfalls padded across the room toward him~ He stepped on the throw rug two feet away and paused, listening for any telltale sounds that would betray Noah's whereabouts.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.