from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To grasp or grip firmly.
- v. To keep; to store something for someone.
- v. Wait a short while.
- v. To remain loyal.
- v. To persist
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. retain possession of
- v. be persistent, refuse to stop
- v. stop and wait, as if awaiting further instructions or developments
- v. hold the phone line open
- v. hold firmly
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.