from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A coming to or returning home.
- n. An annual event at schools, colleges, and universities for visiting graduates.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act or event of returning to home.
- n. In colleges and high schools, a tradition centred around a football game, a parade and the "coronation" of a Homecoming Queen.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A return home.
- n. A social event, usually held annually at colleges and universities, to welcome visiting alumni; a type of school reunion for graduates.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Return home or homeward.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an annual school or university reunion for graduates
- n. a coming to or returning home
Sorry, no etymologies found.