American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A coming to or returning home.
- n. An annual event at schools, colleges, and universities for visiting graduates.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Return home or homeward.
- n. The act or event of returning to home.
- n. US In colleges and high schools, a tradition centred around a football game, a parade and the "coronation" of a Homecoming Queen.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A return home.
- n. A social event, usually held annually at colleges and universities, to welcome visiting alumni; a type of school reunion for graduates.
- n. an annual school or university reunion for graduates
- n. a coming to or returning home
“Thankfully, homecoming is right around the corner and he'll have Daddy back soon.”
“Howard University's homecoming is about more than a football game.”
“One of the highlights of homecoming is Grits and Gravy, which has the warm vibe of a house party (the hosts promise "no drama, no stress") and a soundtrack of '80s hip-hop and house that pulls multiple generations of alumni onto the dance floor.”
“An early-season homecoming is on the horizon for the veteran defenseman.”
“Because homecoming is as much about frocks as football, USA TODAY headed to Betsey Johnson's latest party dress destination, in Hackensack, N.J., for ideas on how to sparkle like a star on the gym floor.”
“The reality of my hubs homecoming is more likely this:”
“For the first time in a long time, though, John Gallagher's homecoming is assured.”
“Beach, their brother's homecoming is nothing less than miraculous.”
“[Third year homecoming is here - not featuring the photo since it was of you and me and not your date and you're wearing the same shirt/tie combo - Tsk!”
“Before carving the turkey and diving into a heavenly blob of mashed potatoes, it should be law that each and every one of us gives thanks for those in the service, and prays for their homecoming, which is a world of difference from home on leave.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘homecoming’.
Movies or TV shows where the titles are also common words, generally one-word titles.
Key words of the Odyssey by Homer in English including all those famous repeating epitethons like
in honor of a beautiful man
Looking for tweets for homecoming.