from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A foreign trading company in China (行,洋行)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A mercantile establishment or factory for foreign trade in China, as formerly at Canton; a succession of offices connected by a common passage and used for business or storage.
- v. To hang.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- An obsolete form of hang.
- n. A Chinese warehouse, consisting of a succession of rooms or store-houses.
- n. Formerly, as used by the Chinese, one of the foreign factories maintained at Canton in the early days of trade with China; now, any foreign mercantile establishment in China, Japan, etc.
Sorry, no etymologies found.