from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A competitive race for horses carrying jockeys; often the subject of betting
- n. An exciting and arduous competition (as in a political campaign).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a race by horses; a match of horses in running or trotting.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A race by horses; a match of horses in running.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a contest of speed between horses; usually held for the purpose of betting
- v. compete in a horse race
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.