from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A veterinarian for horses.
- n. A type of sucking worm, Haemopis sanguisuga, larger than the common leech.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A large blood-sucking leech (Hæmopsis vorax), of Europe and Northern Africa. It attacks the lips and mouths of horses.
- n. A farrier; a veterinary surgeon.
- n. a less powerful European leech (Hæmopis vorax), commonly attacking the membrane that lines the inside of the mouth and nostrils of animals that drink at pools where it lives.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A large leech, as Hæmopsis sanguisorba or Aulastoma gulo.—
- n. A horse-doctor, veterinary surgeon, or farrier.
- n. An inveterate beggar or dun; an extortionate person; one who makes incessant demands or drafts upon another.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any of several large freshwater leeches
Sorry, no etymologies found.