from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To put into a state of hypnosis.
- transitive v. To fascinate by or as if by hypnosis.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To induce somebody into a state of hypnosis.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To induce hypnotism in; to place in a state of hypnotism.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To bring into the condition of hypnotism. Also spelled hypnotise.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. induce hypnosis in
Sorry, no etymologies found.