from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The branch of zoology that deals with the study of fishes.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The branch of zoology devoted to the study of fish.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The natural history of fishes; that branch of zoölogy which relates to fishes, including their structure, classification, and habits.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The science of fishes; that department of zoölogy which treats of fishes, with reference to their structure, relations to one another and to other animals, classification, habits, and uses. Abbreviated ichthyology
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the branch of zoology that studies fishes
From ichthyo- + -logy. (Wiktionary)