from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One of the segments of a compound leaf.
- n. A small leaf or leaflike part.
- n. A printed, usually folded handbill or flier intended for free distribution.
- intransitive v. To hand out leaflets.
- transitive v. To hand out leaflets to or in: leafleted the morning commuters; leaflet a neighborhood.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One of the components of a compound leaf.
- n. A small plant leaf.
- n. A small sheet of paper containing information, used for dissemination of said information, often an advertisement.
- n. A flap of a valve of a heart or blood vessel.
- v. To distribute leaflets to.
- v. To distribute leaflets.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A little leaf.
- n. One of the divisions of a compound leaf; a foliole.
- n. A leaflike organ or part.
- n. A printed sheet of paper, of one page, or one sheet folded over, containing an advertisement, tract, or other notice, and usually distributed for free or included in the package with a purchased item.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A little leaf; in botany, one of the divisions of a compound leaf; a foliole.
- n. A small leaf of printed matter for distribution; a tract.
- n. In printing, a circular of six or more small pages on one piece of paper, not stitched or sewed.
- n. In zoology:
- n. A plate or layer of branchial appendages of a crustacean.
- n. One of the three divisions of the human diaphragm.
- n. One of the thin plates or leaves contained in the lung-books of certain spiders.
- n. One of the leaf-like branchiæ of certain aquatic insectlarvæ.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a small book usually having a paper cover
- n. part of a compound leaf
- n. a thin triangular flap of a heart valve
leaf + -let (Wiktionary)