from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- intransitive v. To take luxurious pleasure; indulge oneself.
- intransitive v. To proliferate.
- intransitive v. To grow profusely; thrive.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To enjoy luxury.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- intransitive v. To grow exuberantly; to grow to superfluous abundance.
- intransitive v. To feed or live luxuriously.
- intransitive v. To indulge with unrestrained delight and freedom.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To grow exuberantly or in superfluous abundance.
- To feed or live luxuriously: as, the herds luxuriate in the pastures.
- Figuratively, to indulge without stint; revel in luxury or abundance; take delight: as, to luxuriate in description.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. enjoy to excess
- v. thrive profusely or flourish extensively
- v. become extravagant; indulge (oneself) luxuriously
I love this stuff — it's pricey, but an oh so rich and delicious way to thicken and "luxuriate" this stew or most anything really.
Parking spaces luxuriate like civic sandpiles in the heart of Boston.
We produce less than 4% of the world's oil, but we luxuriate in using 25% of it.
I suspect in the end the show will be critic-proof and people will go to see both the winner of the TV talent contest and to luxuriate in the sumptuous visuals.
She would stretch her legs and luxuriate in the sun.
Spring is finally in full swing and I want to luxuriate in it.
Let Fido luxuriate alongside you at The Milestone Hotel in London, where pets are treated to their special amenities and menu -- don't be jealous, the hotel has plenty of extravagance left for you.
Me, I love the spaces in between waking and sleeping — the hypnagogic states in which I can wallow and luxuriate.
But during Fang's stay with Smith, London uses the occasion to luxuriate in a Simon Legree description of Smith, who, London insists, is not responsible for his horrible looks and behavior: He was not responsible.
No cock-and-bull stories for him, such as you romanticists luxuriate in.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.