from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To spread or extend over the surface of: Dark clouds are overspreading the sky.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To spread over or across (something); to permeate, overrun.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To spread over; to cover.
- intransitive v. To be spread or scattered over.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To spread over; cover over.
- To be scattered over.
- To be spread or scattered about.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. spread across or over
Old English ofersprǣdan, corresponding to over- + spread. (Wiktionary)