from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A white, yellowish, or brown mineral, magnesium carbonate, MgCO3, used in the manufacture of magnesium oxide and carbon dioxide.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A form of magnesium carbonate, MgCO3, occurring as dolomite (with calcite) but rarely found in the pure state.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Native magnesium carbonate occurring in white compact or granular masses, and also in rhombohedral crystals.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Native magnesium carbonate, a mineral occurring in white compact masses, less often in rhombohedral crystals. It belongs to the calcite group.
- n. the hydrated magnesium silicate usually called sepiolite or meerschaum.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a white mineral consisting of magnesium carbonate; a source of magnesium
Named after its composition in 1807. (Wiktionary)