from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To make magnetic.
- transitive v. To attract, charm, or influence: a campaign speech that magnetized the crowd.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. to make magnetic
- v. to attract, allure or entice (someone)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To communicate magnetic properties to; to make magnetic.
- transitive v. To attract as a magnet attracts, or like a magnet; to move; to influence.
- transitive v. To bring under the influence of animal magnetism.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To communicate magnetic properties to: as, to magnetize a needle.
- To attract as if by a magnet; move; influence.
- To put under the influence of animal magnetism; mesmerize; hypnotize.
- To acquire magnetic properties; become magnetic: as, a bar of iron standing some time in an inclined position will magnetize. Also spelled magnetise.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. attract strongly, as if with a magnet
- v. make magnetic
Another point against which the medium should guard himself, is that of allowing others, indiscriminately, to "magnetize" him to "aid his development" or to "increase his power."
V4 Brazen -- > ..) * NOTE: After conforming "magnetize" the clothing for better posing.
When you live this way, you decrease your sense of separation from the good that is everywhere, activate your heart, and create an environment of such confidence and fulfillment that it can't help but improve your relationships and magnetize everything you need into your experience.
You have a clear purpose for what you are doing, and that vision serves to uplift aspirations, and both magnetize and galvanize yourself and others with a commitment for action.
How to banish that bu lly and magnetize the coolest bunch of friends a girl could ever want?
How to banish that bully and magnetize the coolest bunch of friends a girl could ever want?
So if you magnetize the screw from a meat grinder so the magnetic flux is denser at the top than it is at the bottom, the ferrofluid will climb the screw like staircase.
Cleanse internally, so that the sun doesn't magnetize all your impurities.
Hammering and heating a piece of steel or iron in a north to south direction can magnetize it.
But I also think that writers keep vast warehouses of story ideas, snippets of character, dialogue, themes, locations, professions, character quirks, sexual dyanmics - that are not just sitting passively on these warehouse shelves, but that are actually constantly shifting and turning and rubbing against each other and sometimes they stick and magnetize and suddenly you have a premise or subplot.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.