from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A cheroot made in Manila.
- n. See abaca.
- n. Manila paper.
- n. A light yellow brown.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to Manila or Manilla, the capital of the Philippines; made in, or exported from, that city.
- adj. Made of manila paper or material like it.
- adj. Yellow-brown; colored like manila paper.
- n. Fiber made from abaca (Manila hemp), used to make ropes and manila paper.
- n. The yellow-brown colour of manila.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to Manila or Manilla, the capital of the Philippine Islands; made in, or exported from, that city.
- adj. Manila paper or the color of manila papaer.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. [capitalized] A kind of cheroot manufactured in Manila, the capital of the Philippine Islands.—2. A fibrous material obtained from the leaves of Musa textilis, the abaca or abaka, a plant that grows in the Philippine Islands.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a strong paper or thin cardboard with a smooth light brown finish made from e.g. Manila hemp
- n. the capital and largest city of the Philippines; located on southern Luzon