from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A plant of the genus Scilla; a squill.
- n. A bulb of Urginea scilla.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A genus of liliaceous plants, type of the tribe Scilleæ.
- n. [l. c] In the United States and British pharmacopœias, the sliced bulb of Urginea Scilla; squill. It is used in medicine as an expectorant and diuretic.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an Old World plant of the genus Scilla having narrow basal leaves and pink or blue or white racemose flowers
From Latin scilla, from Ancient Greek σκίλλα. (Wiktionary)