from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A solid body, moving in space, that is smaller than an asteroid and at least as large as a speck of dust.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A relatively small (sand- to boulder-sized) fragment of debris in a solar system that produces a meteor when it hits the atmosphere
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A small body moving through space, or revolving about the sun, which on entering the earth's atmosphere would be deflagrated and appear as a meteor.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A body traveling in space, and of the same nature as those which on entering the earth's atmosphere become visible as meteors.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (astronomy) any of the small solid extraterrestrial bodies that hits the earth's atmosphere
Sorry, no etymologies found.