from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To make or become moist.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To make moist or moister.
- v. To become moist or moister.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To make damp; to wet in a small degree.
- transitive v. To soften by making moist; to make tender.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To become moist.
- To make moist or damp; wet superficially or in a moderate degree.
- To soften; make tender.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. moisten with fine drops
- v. make moist
moist + -en (Wiktionary)