from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of mottle.
- n. spots or blotches of different shades or colours
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. the act of coloring with areas of different shades.
- n. A mottled pattern.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Variegation of a surface by irregular spots.
- n. plural In entomology, the marks of a mottled surface.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of coloring with areas of different shades
Sorry, no etymologies found.