from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A naturally occurring mixture of an oil and a resin extracted from various plants, such as pine or balsam fir.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A homogeneous mix of oil and resin.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A natural mixture of a terebinthinate oil and a resin.
- n. A liquid or semiliquid preparation extracted (as from capsicum, cubebs, or ginger) by means of ether, and consisting of fixed or volatile oil holding resin in solution.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A natural mixture of an essential oil and a resin, forming the vegetable balsams.
- n. In pharmacy, a fixed or volatile oil holding resin and sometimes other active matter in solution, obtained from ether tinctures by evaporation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a naturally occurring mixture of a resin and an essential oil; obtained from certain plants
Sorry, no etymologies found.