from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The business to be considered or done by a legislature or other body on a particular day. Often used in the plural.
- n. The characteristic or most significant aspect or activity: Volatility is the order of the day in the stock market.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the business to be done by a body (such as a legislature) on a particular day; an agenda
- n. the most significant aspect of something
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. in legislative bodies, the special business appointed for a specified day.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the order of business for an assembly on a given day
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.