from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that pecks, as a bird's bill.
- n. Chiefly British Slang Courage; pluck.
- n. Vulgar Slang The penis.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Anything that pecks, such as a bird, or the bill of a bird.
- n. Woodpecker.
- n. The penis.
- n. The mouth
- n. Spirits, nerve, courage.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, pecks; specif., a bird that pecks holes in trees; a woodpecker.
- n. An instrument for pecking; a pick.
- n. The penis; -- an obscene term for the male sexual organ.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which pecks, picks, or hacks; especially, a bird that pecks, as in the compounds nutpecker, oxpecker, woodpecker, flower-pecker.
- n. A picker or pickax.
- n. In weaving, the picker of a loom; the shuttle-driver.
- n. In telegraphy, a relay. Earlier forms of this apparatus pecked like a bird: hence the name.
- n. Courage; spirits; good cheer.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. bird with strong claws and a stiff tail adapted for climbing and a hard chisel-like bill for boring into wood for insects
- n. obscene terms for penis
- n. horny projecting mouth of a bird
to peck + -er. (Wiktionary)