American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. One that pecks, as a bird's bill.
- n. Chiefly British Slang Courage; pluck.
- n. Vulgar Slang The penis.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which pecks, picks, or hacks; especially, a bird that pecks, as in the compounds nutpecker, oxpecker, woodpecker, flower-pecker.
- n. A picker or pickax.
- n. In weaving, the picker of a loom; the shuttle-driver.
- n. In telegraphy, a relay. Earlier forms of this apparatus pecked like a bird: hence the name.
- n. Courage; spirits; good cheer.
- n. Anything that pecks, such as a bird, or the bill of a bird.
- n. Woodpecker.
- n. slang The penis.
- n. chiefly UK, slang The mouth
- n. chiefly UK Spirits, nerve, courage.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. One who, or that which, pecks; specif., a bird that pecks holes in trees; a woodpecker.
- n. An instrument for pecking; a pick.
- n. The penis; -- an obscene term for the male sexual organ.
- n. bird with strong claws and a stiff tail adapted for climbing and a hard chisel-like bill for boring into wood for insects
- n. obscene terms for penis
- n. horny projecting mouth of a bird
- to peck + -er. (Wiktionary)
“I suspect the pecker is just fine minus a lost clutch of eggs.”
“Unthinking obedience to a line of bullshit because your pecker is so small you have to make up for it in other ways.”
“T R L Says: yeah rite yoo I bet you were gettin that veinna sausage you call a pecker a chubby writeing that bullshyt zuch Says:”
“The rice was then cut with the sickle and carried in on the head, then threshed with the flail, then milled and dressed, in some cases wholly by human labor, and in others by a rude machine, called a pecker mill.”
The Commercial Products of the Vegetable Kingdom Considered in Their Various Uses to Man and in Their Relation to the Arts and Manufactures; Forming a Practical Treatise & Handbook of Reference for the Colonist, Manufacturer, Merchant, and Consumer, on the Cultivation, Preparation for Shipment, and Commercial Value, &c. of the Various Substances Obtained From Trees and Plants, Entering into the Husbandry of Tropical and Sub-tropical Regions, &c.
“He told her that a pecker is another name for a winky.”
“So I've never been quite convinced that there wasn't some kind of early, dirty meaning of "pecker" that he might have been aware of.”
“According to an article about double entendres, (intentional and otherwise) in great literature that ran in Playboy about 40 years ago, "pecker" in British slang meant "lips" or "mouth" (cf: "give a peck on the cheek").”
“Black Wood pecker which is found in most parts of the rocky Mountains as will as the Western and S W. mountains, I had never an oppertunity of examineing, untill a fiew days Since when we killed and preserved”
“To make it easier on amps and antennas, I recommend tuning up with a "pecker" unit.”
“A good model to shoot for is the type of person someone would call a "pecker" but NOT a "peckerwood.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘pecker’.
Movies or TV shows where the titles are also common words, generally one-word titles.
All these terms have a (different) American English equivalent. Wonder if you can identify them?
Names of animals that are also used to describe kinds of people. Nouns only, preferably single word.
For a related list, see sionnach's beastly verbs.
Euphemisms for the penis.
A Testicle by Any Other Name
Ward, I'm worried about the beaver
This list collects the magnificent collection of vocabulary of the article "What the F***? Why We Curse," by Steven Pinker, in The New Republic (Oct. 2007). I think I'm more impressed with the coll...
My P Words
A list of the OED citations from an author is often a highly accurate distillation of that author's work. All Vonnegut's favourite themes are here: technology (industrial, space, radio, tube), zani...
Euphemisms for "penis". my inner 12 year old still finds them funny. suggestions welcome! i'm looking for single words only, 2 maximum. words that most people recognize and may also be used to desc...
Words from a 1999 'Girl, Interrupted' film.
Looking for tweets for pecker.