from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A game for amusing a small child, in which one covers one's face or hides and then returns to view saying "Peekaboo!”
- adj. Decorated with embroidered holes or eyelets.
- adj. Made of a sheer or transparent fabric.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A game for a small child in which one covers one's face, then revealing it and saying Boo! or Peekaboo!.
- adj. with holes, slits or transparent fabric to reveal what is normally hidden.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A child's game; bopeep.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as bo-peep.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a game played with young children; you hide your face and suddenly reveal it as you say boo!
peek + boo1.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)