from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n.pl. A grasping tool having a pair of jaws and handles pivoted together to work in opposition.
- n.pl. The articulated prehensile claws of certain arthropods, such as the lobster.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A gripping tool, pivoted like a pair of scissors, but with blunt jaws.
- n. The front claws of crustaceans such as lobsters.
- n. Plural form of pincer.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n.pl. See pinchers.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- A species of herring, Sardina escamuda.
- n. A tool having two hinged jaws which can be firmly closed and held together. See cut under nippers.
- n. In zoology, nippers or prehensile claws of certain animals, as insects and crustaceans.
- n. Specifically
- n. A chela, or chelate limb. See chela, and cuts under lobster and Pedipalpi.
- n. Anal forceps.
- n. Sometimes called pinchers.
Under the pincers was a little half coagulated seminal fluid at the bottom of the vulva.
Plyers are a smaller kind of pincers, and are used for small work in the same way.
Such small articles as hat-cases, hand-bags, etc., are subjected to it; an officer devoted to the duty comes with a huge pair of 'pincers' with some neat little leaden discs, which he squeezes on the strings which have tied up the article.
Updike's critics would execute a kind of pincers movement.
Should be 'pincers' Grilled Lobster: 190G Energy Value: 160 SR Mackerel: 85G Found in the Ocean and Watery Cave in Spring and Autumn Seasons from 5.00 a.m. to 7.00 p.m.
The character must hold a tool in his left hand see 'pincers' in the added files (this tool/hand must also overlap the perimeter circle
There were tales of how some of the men were held captive, stuck in boxes with holes in their sides, Fralgon offspring teasing with their clumsy pincers.
One was mounted with a saw and the other with a pair of pincers.
The saw and pincers made a little clapping motion.
Maybe you should give it pincers, some googly eyes and the need for love.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.