American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. One that pops.
- n. A container or pan for making popcorn.
- n. Slang An ampoule of amyl nitrite or butyl nitrite, used illicitly to induce euphoria and enhance sexual stimulation.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A utensil for popping corn; a corn-popper. It is made of wire gauze with a cover and a long wooden handle.
- n. Anything that pops or makes a popping sound, as a firecracker or pistol.
- n. A dagger.
- n. One who pops.
- n. obsolete A dagger.
- n. A short piece of twisted string tied to the end of a whip that creates the distinctive sound when the whip is thrown or cracked.
- n. A capsule of amyl nitrite for recreational use as a sexual stimulant.
- n. fishing A floating lure designed to splash when the fishing line is twitched.
- n. Either of a pair of interlocking discs commonly used in place of buttons to fasten clothing.
- n. A device that pops kernels of corn to produce popcorn.
- n. A stuffed and usually breaded jalapeño.
- n. Australia A juice box.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A utensil for popping corn, usually a wire basket with a long handle.
- n. obsolete A dagger.
- n. British philosopher (born in Austria) who argued that scientific theories can never be proved to be true, but are tested by attempts to falsify them (1902-1994)
- n. a container of stimulant drug (amyl nitrate or butyl nitrite)
- n. a container for cooking popcorn
- From Popper ("a brand name"), a brand name owned by Queensland United Foods; from 1978. (Wiktionary)
“They usually hit the bee so the popper is pretty much a strike indicator”
“That popper is hanging on my wall with a photo of the fish.”
“In the early morning, use buzz baits or some kind of popper, during the day, you are going to have to slow your presentation down, so I would use a texas or carolina rig in 10-12 feet of water.”
“But some press reports said a piece of orange found in his mouth might have contained amyl nitrite, a chemical "popper" that makes the heart race and heightens pleasure.”
“I use this kind of popper too...makes for a low cal diet popcorn....so glad yours still works!”
“He says he won't know whether we attend or not, but since he gives a "popper" with questions at the beginning and questions at the end of class EVERY TUESDAY AND THURSDAY night--no makeups allowed--he feels sure we will all be in attendance at every session.”
“Perhaps she inherited her good looks and refined tastes from "popper" Urmy, deceased, in which case that gentleman must have committed one serious error of taste and judgment when he selected”
“And while there are yet some present traditional machines in favour of cooking popcorn, there is also the corn popper which is powered by intensity as well as other models with encourage, known as the propane.”
“Users should be warned that the use of Jungle Juice Plus as a 'popper' can result in headaches, dizziness and chest pains.”
“There’s a vampire that comes that makes me look like a popper which is cool.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘popper’.
random gangster lingo and street slang with extra absurdities.
( open list, randomness )
Looking for tweets for popper.