American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Slang A fool; an idiot.
- n. Vulgar Slang A penis.
- v. Slang To behave in an idle manner; putter.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Among the Moravians, a Christmas decoration. Its essential is an evergreen tree, representing the tree of life. It is laden with nuts and fruit. See the extract.
- n. slang fool, idiot
- n. slang jerk
- n. slang penis
- v. slang waste time
- n. A decoration or ornament in the Nativity tradition, usually placed under a Christmas tree.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A fool; a jerk.
- n. Vulgar The penis.
- n. obscene terms for penis
- n. (Yiddish) a fool; an idiot
- From Yiddish פּוץ (puts, "jerk, fool, penis"), probably a noun derivative of putsn ("to clean, shine"); compare early modern German butzen ("to decorate"), modern German putzen. (Wiktionary)
- Yiddish pots, penis, fool. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“If you think that putz is a friend to ANY outdoorsman, you are a fool.”
“Or that putz is an okay word to use in polite company.”
“The word putz (sounds like foots), comes from the German word putzen.”
“January 12th, 2010 at 4: 38 pm dietrich says: no nothing putz, that is.”
“Yis, ai putz a kaje arownd da smal plantz soze kittehz nawt lub it tu def b4 groze big enuf.”
“Other's were too busy trying out their best Yiddish vocabulary, calling me everything from a "schmuck" to a "putz" -- aren't they the same thing?”
“Half of the putz is a scene of Bethlehem; the other half depicts an early American farm village.”
“The putz is a 10-minute narrated miniature nativity scene with five panels that light up as a narrator tells the story of Jesus 'birth.”
“What kind of putz would have the chutzpah to make that claim?”
“By the way a "putz" is a little penis, so he might want to order the fried calamari instead of the onion rings.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘putz’.
There are a few short lists of Yiddish words, but none appropriate to the glory of the language, and none that are open. Thought I'd start one, and would love contributions. I'm tagging as I go, an...
WARNING: VERY EXPLICIT. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.
funny derogatory names, quotes, phrases.
( open list, randomness, ad hom, ad hominem )
buttfucking quitter, dirty sanchez, donkey punch, falcon punch, assbadger, unicorn turd, assclown, fudgenut, quackery, friggin homo, buttmuncher, jackwagon and 271 more...
words for passing time
A list of words that WWF recognizes as valid - most are unusual words; some are simply high-scoring.
Words I like.
Interesting words worth @ least 15 points.
Words that I love, that I imagine spoken by a yiddish speaker.
words like pebbles down the stream...
Looking for tweets for putz.