from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Slang A fool; an idiot.
- n. Vulgar Slang A penis.
- intransitive v. Slang To behave in an idle manner; putter.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. fool, idiot
- n. jerk
- n. penis
- v. waste time
- n. A decoration or ornament in the Nativity tradition, usually placed under a Christmas tree.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A fool; a jerk.
- n. The penis.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Among the Moravians, a Christmas decoration. Its essential is an evergreen tree, representing the tree of life. It is laden with nuts and fruit. See the extract.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. obscene terms for penis
- n. (Yiddish) a fool; an idiot
If you think that putz is a friend to ANY outdoorsman, you are a fool.
Or that putz is an okay word to use in polite company.
The word putz (sounds like foots), comes from the German word putzen.
January 12th, 2010 at 4: 38 pm dietrich says: no nothing putz, that is.
Yis, ai putz a kaje arownd da smal plantz soze kittehz nawt lub it tu def b4 groze big enuf.
Other's were too busy trying out their best Yiddish vocabulary, calling me everything from a "schmuck" to a "putz" -- aren't they the same thing?
Half of the putz is a scene of Bethlehem; the other half depicts an early American farm village.
The putz is a 10-minute narrated miniature nativity scene with five panels that light up as a narrator tells the story of Jesus 'birth.
What kind of putz would have the chutzpah to make that claim?
By the way a "putz" is a little penis, so he might want to order the fried calamari instead of the onion rings.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.