from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A colorless crystalline alkaloid, C20H24N2O2, resembling quinine and used in treating malaria and certain heart disorders.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An isomer of quinine that is used as an antiarrhythmic agent
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An alkaloid isomeric with, and resembling, quinine, found in certain species of cinchona, from which it is extracted as a bitter white crystalline substance; conchinine. It is used somewhat as a febrifuge.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A base (C20H24N2O2) isomeric with quinine, and occurring associated with it in some cinchona barks.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. cardiac drug (trade names Quinidex and Quinora) used to treat certain heart arrhythmias
Sorry, no etymologies found.