from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A dish of rice cooked in broth, usually with saffron, and served with grated cheese.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An Italian savoury dish made with rice and other ingredients.
- n. Risotto considered as food.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A kind of pottage.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An Italian dish of rice and cheese.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. rice cooked with broth and sprinkled with grated cheese
Italian, from riso, rice, from Old Italian; see rice.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)