from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A map, especially one for motorists, showing and designating the roads of a region.
- n. A set of guidelines, instructions, or explanations: wrote an ethics code as a road map for the behavior of elected officials.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A map with a visual representation of roads used for automobile travel and navigation. A road map may contain other relevant data, such as terrain or rail roads.
- n. a plan of action, laying out the future actions of participants.
- n. A structured representation of objects over a period of time to display a development plan. Road maps are used in business for strategic planning and communications.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a map showing roads (for automobile travel)
- n. a detailed plan or explanation to guide you in setting standards or determining a course of action
Sorry, no etymologies found.