from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The technique of mapping a region or district.
- n. A description or map of a region.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The study of provinces, regions, cities, etc., as opposed to larger-scale geography.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. the mapping or description of a region or district.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The systematic study or description of the natural features of particular regions, countries, or districts; especially, the identification of places mentioned by ancient writers.
- n. A system of signs or of notation used to indicate movements, etc., in dancing.
Latin chōrographia, from Greek khōrographiā : khōros, place.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Ancient Greek χῶρος (khōros, "place") + -graphy. (Wiktionary)