from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The area bordering on the side of a road.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Located next to (beside) a road.
- n. The area on either side of a road.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Land adjoining a road or highway; the part of a road or highway that borders the traveled part. Also used ajectively.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The side of a road; border of a road; footpath; wayside.
- Situated by the side of a road.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. edge of a way or road or path
From road + side. (Wiktionary)