from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- intransitive v. To heave upward on a wave or swell.
- n. The rising movement of a ship on a wave or swell.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The rising motion of water as a wave passes; a surge
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Upward angular displacement of the hull of a vessel measured in a longitudinal vertical plane at right angles with and on either side of a horizontal transverse axis passing through the center of flotation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. rise or heave upward under the influence of a natural force such as a wave
Probably alteration (influenced by descend or ascend) of send1.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)