from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An apparatus containing a light source and a reflector for projecting a high-intensity beam of approximately parallel rays of light.
- n. The beam of light so projected.
- n. A flashlight.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A light source that projects a bright beam of light in any direction.
- n. The light from the above source.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An apparatus for projecting a powerful beam of light of approximately parallel rays, usually devised so that it can be swiveled about.
- n. The beam of light projecting by this apparatus.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An electric arc-light having a lens or reflector, mounted on shipboard or on land on a vertical axis in such a way that the beam of light may be made to traverse in a horizontal path.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a light source with reflectors that projects a beam of light in a particular direction
From search + light (Wiktionary)