from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Illumination from a candle or candles.
- n. Dusk; twilight.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The light emitted by a candle
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The light of a candle.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The light of a candle; illumination by candles.
- n. The time at which candles or lamps are lighted: an expression much used in places or regions where no correct standard of time is easily accessible: as, the evening service will begin at early candle-light.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the light provided by a burning candle
Sorry, no etymologies found.