from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Act of shearing sheep.
- n. A feast at the time of sheep-shearing.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of shearing sheep.
- n. The time of shearing sheep; also, a feast made on that occasion.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a festival held at the time sheep are normally sheared
- n. act of shearing sheep
- n. the time or season when sheep are sheared
Sorry, no etymologies found.