from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A saddle designed so that the rider sits with both legs on one side of the horse.
- adv. On a sidesaddle.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A saddle, usually for a woman, in which the rider sits with both legs on the same side of the horse.
- adv. Using such a saddle.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A saddle for women, in which the rider sits with both feet on one side of the animal mounted.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A saddle the occupant of which sits with both feet on the same side of the horse: used chiefly by women.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. on or as if on a sidesaddle
- n. a saddle for a woman; rider sits with both feet on the same side of the horse
Sorry, no etymologies found.