from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To add at the end; append.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To add something to the end; to append or annex
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To add after something else has been said or written; to ANNEX.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To add at the end of, especially of something said or written; annex; append: as, to subjoin an argument or an illustration.
- Synonyms To affix, attach.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. add to the end
Obsolete French subjoindre, from Latin subiungere : sub-, sub- + iungere, to join; see yeug- in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)