from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A fly swatter.
- n. Baseball A hard-hitting batter.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Something used to swat with. Short for a flyswatter.
- n. Someone who swats.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To splutter; flounce; move rapidly in any fluid, generally in an undulating way.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an implement with a flat part (of mesh or plastic) and a long handle; used to kill insects
- v. splash and flutter about in or as if in water
Sorry, no etymologies found.