from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Ecology Occupying the same or overlapping geographic areas without interbreeding. Used of populations of closely related species.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Living in the same or overlapping territory.
- adj. Living in the same territory without interbreeding.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of, pertaining to, or.of the nature of, sympatry. See the extract under sympatry.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (of biological species or speciation) occurring in the same or overlapping geographical areas
syn- + Greek patrā, fatherland (from patēr, patr-, father) + -ic.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From sympatry + -ic. (Wiktionary)