from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. to dismantle something into it's component pieces.
- v. to soundly defeat someone, or a team
- v. to criticise someone
- v. to move someone away from others to be able to talk to, or give them something in private.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. take apart into its constituent pieces
- v. divide into pieces
- v. make a mathematical, chemical, or grammatical analysis of; break down into components or essential features
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.