from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Travel, as on a bicycle or on skis, for pleasure rather than competition.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Working for a short time in different places; "itinerant laborers"; "a road show"; "traveling salesman"; "touring company".
- v. Present participle of tour.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of making a tour or journey; traveling; specifically, travel in a motor or other vehicle which lasts for several flays, as distinguished from a drive or simple excursion out and back in one day or a very few days.
- Designed for use in making tours or considerable journeys: as, a touring-car (which see).
Sorry, no etymologies found.