from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. (in amputation) passing the knife from side to side through tissue close to the bone and dividing muscles outward
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of transfixing, or the state of being transfixed, or pierced.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of transfixing, or piercing through; the act of piercing and thus fastening.
- n. The state of being transfixed or pierced.
- n. In surgery, a method of amputating by piercing the limb transversely with the knife and cutting from within outward.
Sorry, no etymologies found.