from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or expressed in troy weight.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, or relating to, troy weight.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Troy weight.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Short for troy weight.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a system of weights used for precious metals and gemstones; based on a 12-ounce pound and an ounce of 480 grains
- n. an ancient city in Asia Minor that was the site of the Trojan War
Middle English troye, after Troyes .(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)