from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. In two cases or on two occasions; two times: I rewrote the essay twice.
- adv. In doubled degree or amount: twice as many.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. Two times.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. Two times; once and again.
- adv. Doubly; in twofold quantity or degree.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Two times; on two occasions; in two instances.
- In twofold degree or quantity; doubly.
- The second time; by or on a second trial, performance, etc.
- Occurring twice.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. to double the degree
- adv. two times
Middle English, from Old English twiga; see dwo- in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From twi- meaning two or both. (Wiktionary)