from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A mark of punctuation ( ; ) used to connect independent clauses and indicating a closer relationship between the clauses than a period does.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The punctuation mark ';' .
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The punctuation mark [;] indicating a separation between parts or members of a sentence more distinct than that marked by a comma.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In grammar and punctuation, the point (;).
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a punctuation mark (`;') used to connect independent clauses; indicates a closer relation than does a period
Sorry, no etymologies found.