- n. Alternative form of vicuna.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Zoöl.) A South American mammal (Auchenia vicunna) native of the elevated plains of the Andes, allied to the llama but smaller. It has a thick coat of very fine reddish brown wool, and long, pendent white hair on the breast and belly. It is hunted for its wool and flesh.
- n. small wild cud-chewing Andean animal similar to the guanaco but smaller; valued for its fleecy undercoat
- n. the wool of the vicuna
- n. a soft wool fabric made from the fleece of the vicuna
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘vicuña’.
Words for things both tangible and nonanthropic
Animals and birds of nations and states. Also see Stately Plants
Words relating to the gentle art of making yarn.
By Vladimir Nabokov
Looking for tweets for vicuña.