from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To cause (something) to become damaged, useless, or ineffective through continued use, especially hard, heavy, or careless use.
- v. To deteriorate or become unusable or ineffective due to continued use, exposure, or strain.
- v. To exhaust; to cause or contribute to another's exhaustion, fatigue, or weariness, as by continued strain or exertion.
- v. To become exhausted, tired, fatigued, or weary, as by continued strain or exertion.
- v. Of apparel, displayed in public.
- v. Of a shirt, not tucked into the pants; worn in a casual manner.
- v. To punish by spanking.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. deteriorate through use or stress
- v. exhaust or get tired through overuse or great strain or stress
- v. go to pieces
Sorry, no etymologies found.